Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Diary Entry

In this post, I would be writing a diary entry for Jean Louise " Scout " Finch.

9/3/2010

Dear Diary,

I am writing this post at midnight. Atticus is sleeping soundly at the sofa, with the newspaper on his lap, and I just cannot fall asleep at all. I am really affected by Ms Dubose's comments of Atticus being a nigger-lover. Although I don't like Negroes, but Atticus is my father. Should I stand on his side, and defend Tom Robinson, whom I do not know? Should I risk being ostracized by the entire white Maycomb society, or should I stand up for a Negro who is framed and is unable to defend himself against a biased judge? Sigh, diary, how I wish that you could become alive and give me some advice. Atticus always tells us to stand up for those who are bullied, but should I? I don't really want to be licked by others just because of a Negro whom I do not know very well... Hmm, thinking really makes me sleepy. Goodnight, diary.

Scout

1 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

You need to change the date of your diary entry. It should be somewhere in the 1930s.

March 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home